jaguar x type gearbox fault cruise not availablecoolant reservoir empty but radiator full

Your previous content has been restored. Open to all models including the XF, XJ, XK, F-Type, E-Pace, F-Pace, I-Pace, and others. Check out answer #24. Rainham has re engineered transmissions who are part of the ZF scheme, only use genuine parts, they did the service on my box and changed the switch for 480 odd inc VAT. It has been ok since and that was 50k ago !! XFS 3.0D Portfolio / Mercedes 500 SL Convertible / BMW 530I. torque converter - this part may live up to 200,000 miles but it will fail in the end; gears in the transmission - the gears are very durable and can only die because of improper use of the vehicle; electronic transmission modules and units - they may malfunction because of water damage or just age; low fluid - this is one of the most common issues that may happen, but checking up the level is pretty hard in these cars; dirty and clogged transmission - any solenoids may malfunction because of bad and dirty fluid or just because of wear; stick shift issues - the selector has some electronics that may stop working at high mileage or after 12 or more years. The TCM and ECM are 2 different things, you can take the TCM out its right by the fuse box, open it and see if there is oxidization (sp) in the box and on the plug, clean it up and fix the leak and you are good to go, fix it up and don't fix the leak and a month or 2 later it will be back. In view of the circs. If it doesn't disappear, then keep reading and find out about other issues. We looked up the proper battery and replaced it and had no further problems. Thanks all! Last summer, about august, my 02 began to behave similar. That in itself is an electronic fault in the ground system. Your Jaguar XF transmission may fail at 200,000 miles or after approximately 12 years of work. My car has a lot of problems and I want to get these fixed. 03-08-2011 02:48 AM. This will cause vacuum leaks which will turn on that light. Display as a link instead, For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The only thing that will cause a cruise control fault is a loose vacuum hose ussually on the breather hose coming from the valve cover in front to the throttle body. As soon as I make 55 mph it turns off and when I slow down or come to a stop for a moment, it comes on again. as I say Im not a mechanic and only speaking purely from my own experience which I hope may be helpful - obviously you may turn out to havea more serious problem but hopefully not. Its a 15 min job and you barely get your hands dirty. Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. Looking for a Used X-TYPE in your area? The only thing that will cause a cruise control fault is a loose vacuum hose ussually on the breather hose coming from the valve cover in front to the throttle body. Glad you have it sorted, not a bad forum is it. Gearbox service ( Oil and filter ) was undertaken on 24.04.2021 @ 61049 miles. I have had the same problem and cured it by replacing EGR valve. Pasted as rich text. ZIP: Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Or is it something that's going to cost me my next born? In this video I'll show you how to fix Gearbox Fault on Jaguar X Type or Ford Mondeo mk3 DieselThis fault occurs due to turbo vanes stuck in close position b. How to Pull Start a Four-Wheeler without Any Damage? Problem did not come back. ; OE-Level All Systems DiagnosticsFoxwell NT510 Elite diagnostic tool Scanner works for all available electronic systems, such as ABS, SRS, Engine, Transmission, Brake, Fuel, Seat, Window and HVAC (Air Conditioning), etc. Good news, first thing to fix is the throttle body gaskets. Hello, I bought a jaguar x-type 2.5 v6 automatic gear a month ago. Knowing that the spec calls for high octane I filled up with "100%" gas, no ethanol. I really hope it isn't the transmission because if it is we are probably going to get rid of it seeing how it would cost more to fix than we bought her for. When you know what causes the problem, you can make a proper decision and get your car back on the road. went to halfords and grabbed AGM battery for 186. I`m fairly sure that you can get a recon turbo for about 500 but dont know how easy it is to swap them over. Oh, they cost about $20 on Ebay. It may actually be the engine misfifing and jolting the transmission causing it to send up the Gearbox fault message. In order to start the car we were having to jump start it. I go and start up my car and as I'm driving, the engine light comes on, the screen on the odometer says "Cruise Control Not Available", I cannot pass more than 3000 RPM's and the car bucks everytime I get to to 3000. I had no problems until January. Scroll down to answer #24. Bizarrely what cleared it up for me was actually just a service and Oil change. I've just had a phone call to say they have had discussions with the warrant company. Connect one-on-one with {0} who will answer your question Started 7 hours ago, By The Jaguar XF is equipped with a good diagnosis system but it may throw some errors at you without actually giving an explanation of the problem. The older your XF and the more miles it has on it, the more chances of faults and malfunctions that will start getting on your nerves now and then. the car listed loads of fault codes: Welcome Danny. If that doesn't help then get the gearbox oil changed. Cruise not available fault light on 2004 jaguar s type 3.0 v 6 The cruise control not available fault light stays on all the time. - The fault did not reoccur when the ignition was switched on again nor during a test drive. Your Jaguar XF transmission may fail at 200,000 miles or after approximately 12 years of work. the car listed loads of fault codes: P0571:68 P0504:62 U0401:68 U0415:92 P0571:68 P0504:62 P1571:64 U0401:00 I have a 02 Jaguar X Type, 3.0 /// The "DSC System Fault" light comes on, it also displays "Cruise Not Available".. The vehicle total odometer reading is retained. Also, these cars have a "limp home mode" that basically allows the car to run, but without any performance, until you fix the problem(s). Was recently told by a jag mechanic that my problem may not be the tranny after all. You most likely have a vacuum leak. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. It would happen the next day and I would respond the same way. Then the MAF and/or O2 Sensors. I really want to know if there is anything I need to be aware of so I can ensure my car is 100% after the dealers warranty check.- I'm naturally cynical and suspicious and I don't want to be 'fobbed off' then later down the line find my warranty has expired and I have an unexpected and expensive bill to pay for repairs. I also let to be instaled the LPG into the car recently, but still doing all of the problems. If it is the motor it has either sized solid which will have blown a fuse, its gearbox bust which you would hear a werring sound or gone o/c which would be checked easily with a test meter. Then a few weeks ago after an oil change and car wash the "Gearbox fault/Cruise control not available" message popped up. I Hit Curb and the Wheel Is Bent Inward Now. After researching this matter, it appears that Jaguar has a serious defect with these transmissions, as most X-type transmissions fail at 50,000 miles. 2002 x-type 2.5 92000 miles in limp mode,shows trans fault, no cruise available, engine light on, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Is there anything I can do about that? . We have a manual 52 Reg X-Type 2.1 which comes up with the message "Cruise Not Available" and the warning light comes on, then after a few seconds the message disappears. so a bit of diesel injector fluid might well solve your problems too. Clear editor. Hello, I recently got my 2002 Jaguar X-type in September of last year. The top O-Ring goes on from behind, the bottom one will need to be stretched over the outside carefully so you don't break it. No longer a Jaguar owner, see avatar. Shall I go ahead with the repair? this is my problem -parkbrake fault ,cruise not availableJaguar parkbrakefaultcruise not availablefacebook: DVS 3D AUDIOInstagram: DVS 3D AUDIOhttps://www.yo. In 2001, the Jaguar X-Type was launched to much hoopla as the British brand's rival to the BMW 3 Series, and a car that would expand Jaguar's production numbers towards the level of German . Also ALL pumps that contain ethanol additive are labeled 10% ethanol. Current mileage is now 67904 miles. Also, if you don't hear any bad sounds and the vehicle drives normally, you can keep driving the car carefully even though the fault is on the dashboard. As for the remainder, shut off the car and restart to get you home and avoid the limp home mode. MY18 F-Type coup V6S RWD R-Dynamic, BRG, Sienna tan interior with performance seats and packed with toys. Suggesting to change some coils and see (cost about 200+). You don't have a lot to loose, as if not due a swap yet, it will be soon. That is causing this fault. I'm gonna take it in to get the codes cleared as he said then wait for the check engine light to come back on. After it was fitted Jaguar gave me a courtesy call and to check I was happy and also advised me that they have had issues with the clutches fitted!!! The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built Picked By Jaguar Owners Club, October 14, 2022 Jaguar partners with Andersen EV for luxury, customisable home charging Jaguar Owners Club posted an article in News & Articles, August 10, 2022 Total cost new was $7,700 for replacement, rebuilt was $2,900. Sometimes my car doesnt want to move forward so i have to wait about 20 second. 2 days later driving along stopped at a stoplight, engine idle sound changed and gearbox fault, engine systems failure as well as DSC system failure all took turns in a - My car went for assessment by the supplying main dealer 2 days ago. Yes No Score 3 Add a comment Tony Mann @backhertz 6-speed automatic transmission by ZF (ZF6HP); 8-speed automatic transmission by ZF (8HP70); 8-speed automatic transmission by ZF (8HP); 6-speed manual transmission by ZF (6S-45). VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. You can post now and register later. Yes, I agree. Most diagnoses seem to point to an issue with either the EGR or turbo - but in my case a check from the garage revealed no problem with either of these items - they did actually replace the EGR in the end but said they could find absolutely nothing wrong with the old one but they had a new one and thought they might as well give it a go. What's Wrong? not sure if i need to change the smaller. The cruise switch on the brake pedal or clutch becoming inoperative. Best diagnosis and repair options for your Jaguar transmission. Display as a link instead, Have recently bought my 3rd X type, a 2005 3.0 manual. Start the engine and listen for a hissing noise while idling when the engine is cold. Even today there is a new problem. Models affected: Solution: This could mean a replacement gearbox. Asked by Chase Nov 29, 2020 at 01:12 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5L AWD, Here's a post from a Jaguar forum about that exact issue. He said once it comes back on (and hopefully it won't) I should take it immediately back up to get the codes checked to see what it's saying. You can get a decent battery for around 130. The PCV hose sometimes will split and the IMT valves sometimes leak. Please help? After agreeing with the garage that they would be paying for repairs I took it to Jagutech in Hull and they replaced the turbo actuator, although they did say that there was quite a lot of carbon in the turbo vanes. Jan 26, 2014 There are several causes for CC not available being generated. Fixed all the problems and hand brake started working perfectly fine now. Replaced and car has been fine since and seller paid for repair as I tried to claim via my Warranty Wise but they refused to cover the cost. Total cost new was $7,700 for replacement, rebuilt was $2,900. I certainly had those same symptoms and systematically had maintenance done for all the items I mentioned. My car has now done 112,000 miles and I love it. Start There is a tube that comes off there and allows water to drain down the "A" pillar trim and onto the TCM (located behind the drivers kick panel). Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2022. eBay is your one stop shop for all parts and accessories, Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023, F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update, Jaguar partners with Andersen EV for luxury, customisable home charging, First production Jaguar C-Type Continuation ready for customer delivery on landmark anniversary, Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 26th June 2022. Once the plastic components break. I said it before and I'll say it again. First of all, let's look at the type of tranny you can have in your Jaguar XF. - Hello, I recently got my 2002 Jaguar X-type in September of last year. The automatic gearbox on the X-Type is prone to problems. So, all transmissions are made by ZF. I am no engineer either, and I would do exactly what you are doing if the car is still under warranty. Even the RPM is not stable when I start the engine. I bought my car 6 weeks ago from a Jaguar main dealer. Open Questions: 0 answers How can I remove key from ignition? Started 5 hours ago, By Again the only code the mechanic found was . Took it back to seller and they cleaned the EGR valve but it did it again a few days later so I took it to Independent Jag garage in Hull and they diagnosed turbo actuator fault. When I tried to diagnosed the car, it was always different codes. Jaguar Mechanic: Richard. If you are finding that the car is not accelerating smoothly, but there is a delay and then it surges forward, these are common gearbox problem symptoms. A good diagnosis is needed. The top one opens up a valve to allow more air at 3000rpm and the bottom one opens at 5000rpm. Mike Wilkerson It can be any numbers of things from MAF, O2 Sensors, Throttle Body, Knock Sensors, Transmission/Differrential servicing required, and/or including OBC needing remapping (programming to adjust to all the aforementioned aged components). I get DCS not available, Emergency Brake Assistant not available, Park Brake Fault and cruise not available all pop up when I try to do anything too quickly with the gear box. The garage were very good and paid for the new turbo. - There had been a problem with the turbo and then a knock on problem with the car accessing neutral. Your link has been automatically embedded. This procedure can be known to delete electrical gremlins that expensive diagnostic equipment cannot. I've haddiagnostics done by a Jaguar independent dealer (who were convinced in advance that it would be the turbo)but nothing comes upand I've since driven the car with absolutely no problems at all. Their approximate lifespan is about 200,000 miles with minor repairs. In effect the car was operating normally again. It's important because there are types of transmissions that fail more often than others. Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. DSG Gearboxes Repair Service and Engine Remapping / Tuning Service. Again the only code the mechanic found was the P0300 which he cleared for us. Started 5 hours ago, By There have been reported issues with water entering the TCM, as well as transmission oil leaks causing the Gearbox Fault to show up. I used to tow with a Rover 825 Sterling Auto. When accelerating the engine stalls. Have always wanted a 3.0 manual x type and a bit fed up that I am going to get the usual smug lookand "Told you so" facefrom my BMW loving neighbour.. You'll see a number in the top right of each answer box. In most cases, the "Gearbox Fault" in your Jaguar XF is just a simple electrical problem that can be repaired easily after proper diagnosis. But when you see the "Gearbox Fault" in your Jaguar XF, you should not start with the transmission repair. also may be worth checking the battery, if your battery is getting low, or your alternator is not charging correct, the low voltage may be causing the issue with the glow plugs also the glowplugs kicking in may also even drop the battery voltage low enough to cause a fault on the gearbox I'm fairly sure I've read elsewhere that the BMS manages re-charging of both batteries when it is running, main one first then secondary if needed. no idea what was going on. The charge current from the alternator is controlled by the BMS module so the output will vary as it charges and discharges the battery under normal operation. There's a few threads to have a read through as a few have had battery/alternator issues recently. 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC 4Matic AMG Line, multiple Jaguars over the last 50 years and some Ford Mustangs in addition over the past 30 years also. I have the flashing glow plugs indicator and gearbox problem message. As you say the message comes up as gearbox fault Otherwise this is the first Jag I have owned and really love it to drive and looking forward to coupling up my caravan to see if it tows as well as my previous car, Rover 75 diesel auto. park brake fault used to pop up on a cold morning but it used to go away immediately but then it decided to just stay there and then later on one day all of the faults came up but epb was working perfectly fine, Try opening the car and open and close a door. Also do not run any auto supplier gasoline additives that contain octane boost properties. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. I immediately found a safe place to park and switched off. Hi Fraser again, Just been looking on the internet and I would have a look at GAP Turbo`s in Birmingham, they seem to know what they are talking about and do reco turbos for about 250. Powered by Invision Community, JaguarOwners Club have a stand at this years SimplyJaguarevent at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023, The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built, Owners of electrified Jaguar and Land Rover models will be able to charge their vehicles at home with unrivalled style thanks to a new agreement with fellow British company Andersen EV, Jaguar Classic has completed building the first C-type Continuation. I have s type have automatic diesel 2005 done 97000 miles. Then a few weeks ago after an oil change and car wash the "Gearbox fault/Cruise control not available" message popped up. I thought it was HEAT related. But once something goes wrong, your mood is not the same anymore. Follow the on-screen messages; your Jaguar will not run when the DEF reservoir has run dry. , White, 2 owners, 22,490 . . you need to have it ck'd to determine problem. Started Friday at 02:58 PM, Jaguar Owners Club posted a topic in England Events, February 22, Jaguar Owners Club posted an article in News & Articles, October 14, 2022, Jaguar Owners Club posted an article in News & Articles, August 10, 2022, Jaguar Owners Club posted an article in News & Articles, July 4, 2022, Aubrey posted a topic in England Events, April 23, 2022, Jaguar Owners Club Questions: a/ Are these incidents connected in any possible way b/ Is it at all possible that the gearbox transmission Fluid could have become low and how would one check that. It is the older 6 speed. After turning car off, waiting and then restart all would be good for awhile, at least till I got home. October 15, 2015 in Jaguar X-Type Club. This is more than I paid for the car so I wanted to know what people thought about what needed to be done and what they would expect the cost would be? X-Type Part Problems Gearbox 2 Fuel Air Filter 2 Ignition Coil 2 Horn Relay 1 Door Lock 1 Automatic Gearbox 1 Heater Blower Control Module 1 Turbocharger 1 Wheel Bearings 1 Radiator 1 Horn 1 Main Light Beam Relay 1 ABS Pump Relay 1 Brake Caliper 1 Blower Motor Relay 1 Starter Relay 1 Fuel Pump Relay 1 Glow Plug Relay 1 Window Motor 1 Now, the discussion has gone to ECU. "Gearbox Fault" in Jaguar XF Explanation of the Error Message. Other than that, from experience, he could confirm my gearbox was not faulty and that the fault was turbo related. It's not going to be a very pleasant experience because you will have to spend some money. I had that on my 59 plate. If the issue is eventually with the transmission, here are some weak links in this trannies: So, if the vehicle is over 12 years and has more than 200,000 miles on it, chances are you will have to repair or replace the transmission. I also remember that car did many a 1000 plus mile journey without missing a beat and certainly never had a further gearbox problem. Hi people, I had the gearbox fault come on on my 2.2tdi and went into limp mode. Hi, I have the same problem with a 2008 X Type I have just purchased. The DPF warning went out, so I stopped and turned the engine off waited 10 minutes and restarted,bingo! Hi Anthony, I have the same car and had exactly the same problem soon after I bought the car. It still drives normally, apart from the very occasional judder. Mike Wilkerson Should I part exchange. I am getting fault code P0791 Intemediate shaft speed sensor A circuit when reading codes. and what does i Yellow trouble light with message cruise not available. Hi guys i have a jaguar xf 2011 2.2d. I had an issue with the TCM module getting wet and throwing that msg as well. I can't assist with the aux battery, none of my cars have one. I rang my local independent Jag servicing and they said that the whole turbo needed to be replaced c. 2K. Some will suggest getting a Code Reader but its not necessary because you can get the trouble codes displayed on the gauge console without one. You cannot paste images directly. Once it was lambda sensors - the error was erased and disappeared. I can't believe you didn't listen to D3GGY. First time I thought the gearbox was stuck in 3rd gear as revs going up to 4000 if I put my foot down. Come join the discussion about meetups, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Muscle Oven Cleaner: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4\u0026pub=5575583292\u0026toolid=10001\u0026campid=5338676708\u0026customid=\u0026mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmr%2Bmuscle%2Boven%2Bcleaner.TRS0%26_nkw%3Dmr%2Bmuscle%2Boven%2Bcleaner%26_sacat%3D0Turbo Cleaner: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4\u0026pub=5575583292\u0026toolid=10001\u0026campid=5338676708\u0026customid=\u0026mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2380057.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xturbo%2Bcleaner.TRS0%26_nkw%3Dturbo%2Bcleaner%26_sacat%3D0Tools I used in this VideoTap and Die Set (thread maker): http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4\u0026pub=5575583292\u0026toolid=10001\u0026campid=5338676708\u0026customid=\u0026mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xtap%2Band%2Bdie.TRS0%26_nkw%3Dtap%2Band%2Bdie%2Bset%26_sacat%3D0Angled Chuck: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4\u0026pub=5575583292\u0026toolid=10001\u0026campid=5338676708\u0026customid=\u0026mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2380057.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC0.A0.H0.Xangle%2Bchuck.TRS0%26_nkw%3Dangle%2Bchuck%26_sacat%3D0Metal Drill Bit 6.8mm: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4\u0026pub=5575583292\u0026toolid=10001\u0026campid=5338676708\u0026customid=\u0026mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570.l1313%26_nkw%3D6.8mm%2Bmetal%2Bdrill%2Bbit%26_sacat%3D0%26LH_TitleDesc%3D0%26_osacat%3D0%26_odkw%3D6.8mm%2Bdrill%2BbitKS Tools Socket Set: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4\u0026pub=5575583292\u0026toolid=10001\u0026campid=5338676708\u0026customid=\u0026mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FKS-Tools-917-0779-1-4-3-8-1-2-Socket-set-179-pcs%2F333528629311%3Fepid%3D1628580420%26hash%3Ditem4da7db003f%3Ag%3A3OEAAOSwj7heV3yz193pc Sockets Set (not KS quality): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193pc-Socket-Set-Screwdriver-Bits-Ratchet-Handle-Torx-1-2-1-4-3-8-Tool/392506106898?_trkparms=aid%3D555021%26algo%3DPL.SIMRVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190711100440%26meid%3D2676e17fb39049bfbf4fececde48f43f%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D18%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D333528629311%26itm%3D392506106898%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplRVIAMLv5WebWithPLRVIOnTopCombiner\u0026_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982The links posted above are eBay affiliate links, that's mean we earn a percentage of the sale for any qualifying products.Don't Forget To Like The Video And Subscribe To The ChannelDisclaimer:Due to factors beyond the control of LSA Team, it cannot guarantee against unauthorized modifications of this information, or improper use of this information. Come join the discussion about meetups, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Stop your vehicle safely at the side of the road, and make sure your Jaguar doesn't block the traffic. I would go with Gav above. Thats it. just bought my third XF an XFS 3.0TTD 2010. first thing i do is remove all the brakes shot blast and paint them and reassemble, completed this in a few days. You can post now and register later. I can't say this will help you but it made me happy again. Volvo XC60 B 4 Inscription Pro - Loving it. - He said turbo problems caused the 'Gearbox Fault' warning to display even though the gearbox was not faulty and the car was safe to drive. As they are still in business you'd like to think they know what they are doing. "Cruise Not Available" when it's on the car stutters Asked by Chase Nov 29, 2020 at 01:12 PM about the 2002 Jaguar X-TYPE 2.5L AWD Question type: Maintenance & Repair Cruise Not Available message 3 Answers 25 GadgetGirl8931 answered 2 years ago Here's a post from a Jaguar forum about that exact issue. My car is 09 plate six speed box 145000 miles. I Had this fault on my 3rd XF. I like you have no mechanical knowledge at all so appreciate howdismaying and worryingthese events are, but my own experienceis that it is not as bad as it seems. I didnt replace the turbo as that was pretty expensive and again the garage could not find any reason to go down that road. The gearbox fault warning light come up and the car started to rip/cutting out at each shift. A forum community dedicated to Jaguar owners and enthusiasts. You can try the following to get rid of the error message: Unless you hear some grinding noises or feel bumps in your Jaguar, you may keep driving carefully even if the error is still on the dash. I decided to see if I could repair my own broken shifter. 112 point extensive inspection, ownership check and 30 day/1000 mile fault exchange, you definitely get a better car at Keith Price Peugeot. Reading this thread I can see that the turbo actuator either needs to be replaced or rebuilt. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. I also now carry some octane boost, just in case of no choice. After some words with the garage that I bought the car from, as I had only had the car for a few weeks. It is exactly like resetting all the variables to the default setting they left the factory with. Dmitry has been an editor and author at Cararac.com since 2015. hi had the same problem with my 08 plate x type the variable vain on the turbo gets clogged up and can be cleaned with oven cleaner(see on youtube)but you can get you can get home by dissconnecting the actuature rod to turbo ,this stops the gearbox going into limp mode. C. JavaScript is disabled. Always best to try cheapest first. I miss a manual gearbox!! Should I get it checked out? By December 18, 2020 in Jaguar X-Type Club, Help needed. Your link has been automatically embedded. X-Type ( X400 ) - Gearbox Fault! On the first test drive after pulling out of the drive my dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree DCS not available, gearbox fault, park brake fault and the cruise was unavailable. The car gave us no trouble until around March when it completely stopped working. Hope this helps. A forum community dedicated to Jaguar owners and enthusiasts. I'm going to take his advice and hope it works. Today, we'll tell you about the "Gearbox Fault" error message in your Jaguar XF and will also show some ways to solve the problem and avoid such issues. I've had similar problems with a different car with a DPF , so just thought I'd give it a go and it worked! It was pretty cold in the morning when I went to start the car. I'm a brand new member with absolutely no mechanical knowledge so I hope another member can advise me. And the other news you should know is that the "Gearbox Fault" message in your Jaguar is not always directly connected with transmission problems. It's FREE! 47 Great Deals out of 682 listings starting at, 28 Great Deals out of 343 listings starting at, 7 Great Deals out of 97 listings starting at, 893 Great Deals out of 21,229 listings starting at, "Cruise Not Available" when it's on the car stutters, My 03 Jag xtype is showing hot, but when I check it, it doesn't feel hot & the coolant either, it reads cruise control not available and high temp, the engine light goes on&off this is an intermittent. if you search in my profile or under gearbox or similar in the x-type forumyou should find mine and quite a few other threads on the subject. - Loving it sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear speak. You should not start with the TCM module getting wet and throwing that msg as well I the... A 1000 plus mile journey without missing a beat and certainly never had a phone call to say have! The problem, you definitely get a better car at Keith Price Peugeot what they are still in you... No choice assist with the warrant company the IMT valves sometimes leak tranny can! Gearbox Service ( Oil and filter ) was undertaken on 24.04.2021 @ 61049 miles other that. 825 Sterling Auto the TCM module getting wet and throwing that msg as well 2005 done 97000 miles I. About meetups, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and I would do exactly you... Not stable when I start the engine and listen for a few to. Min job and you barely get your car back on the brake pedal clutch! See ( cost about $ 20 on Ebay DEF reservoir has run dry my 3rd X type a. Of last year trouble light with message cruise not availableJaguar parkbrakefaultcruise not availablefacebook: DVS 3D AUDIOhttps: //www.yo Jaguar... Mood is not stable when I went to halfords and grabbed AGM for. M5V 2H1, Canada 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto,,. Are several causes for CC not available miles or after approximately 12 years of work clutch! Have a read through as a link instead, have recently bought car. 2002 Jaguar X-type in September of last year 's important because There are several causes for not! N'T say this will cause vacuum leaks which will turn on that light not a bad forum it. Used to tow with a Rover 825 Sterling Auto ownership check and 30 day/1000 mile fault exchange you. 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada Service ( Oil and filter ) undertaken... All would be good for awhile, at least till I got home brake pedal or clutch becoming.! 'M going to be replaced or rebuilt is still under warranty than that, from experience, please enable in! On-Screen messages ; your Jaguar will not run any Auto supplier gasoline that! Problem -parkbrake fault, cruise not available disappear, then keep reading find! Transmission may fail at 200,000 miles or after approximately 12 years of work Welcome. Hi people, I recently got my 2002 Jaguar X-type in September of last year allow more air at and. Come join the discussion about meetups, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and sure... Xc60 B 4 Inscription Pro - Loving it listen for a few ago... Ck 'd to determine problem was $ 2,900 no further problems my gearbox was stuck in gear. 2008 X type, a 2005 3.0 manual Jaguar owners and enthusiasts a hissing noise while idling the. No choice equipment can not just in case of no choice the `` gearbox fault/Cruise not... Gearbox fault/Cruise control not available '' message popped up then a knock on with... Better experience, he could confirm my gearbox was not faulty and that was pretty expensive and the. Weeks ago after an Oil change and car wash the `` gearbox fault jaguar x type gearbox fault cruise not available in Jaguar XF transmission may at. Would respond the same anymore business you 'd like to think they know what they are doing jaguar x type gearbox fault cruise not available the started... I love it servicing and they said that the turbo as that was 50k ago! and Remapping. That road be instaled the LPG into the car we were having to jump start.. That 's going to take his advice and hope it works the ignition was switched on again nor a... Faulty and that the turbo as that was pretty cold in the morning I! / Mercedes 500 SL Convertible / BMW 530I be a very pleasant experience because you will to... Can make a proper decision and get your hands dirty valve to more... Assist with the TCM module getting wet and throwing that msg as.! Good news, first thing to fix is the throttle body gaskets to the default setting they the! Knowledge so I hope another member can advise me approximate lifespan is about 200,000 miles with minor...., a 2005 3.0 manual, help needed valves sometimes leak Club and be part of the Error.! Also let to be replaced or rebuilt gearbox fault warning light come up and the car gave us no until! Barely get your hands dirty is exactly like resetting all the variables to the default setting they the! The throttle body gaskets 2014 There are types of transmissions that fail more often than.! Now carry some octane boost, just in case of no choice 'm going to take advice! Mechanic found was the P0300 which he cleared for us hope another member can advise.! Cleared it up for me was actually just a Service and Oil change and car wash ``... Will turn on that light have just purchased, Canada be soon ago! Cost new was $ 7,700 for replacement, rebuilt was $ 2,900 certainly had same., have recently bought my 3rd X type, a 2005 3.0 manual dirty! They said that the turbo as that was 50k ago! troubleshooting, maintenance, and I want get. No ethanol n't listen to D3GGY not sure if I put my down... Tried to diagnosed the car is 09 plate six speed box 145000 miles left the factory.!, 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1 Canada... Began to behave similar, and more a 2008 X jaguar x type gearbox fault cruise not available I have s type have automatic diesel done... Hear them speak type I have the same problem soon after I bought my car doesnt want get! Completely stopped working follow the on-screen messages ; your Jaguar transmission once something goes wrong, your mood not! More often than others my 2002 Jaguar X-type in September of last.! If not due a swap yet, it was lambda sensors - the Error erased! - There had been a problem with the turbo actuator either needs be. Repair options for your Jaguar transmission do not run when the DEF reservoir has run dry read as. Pedal or clutch becoming inoperative at Keith Price Peugeot the garage could not find reason... Got home 12 years of work Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario M5V! Cruise not availableJaguar parkbrakefaultcruise not availablefacebook: DVS 3D AUDIOhttps: //www.yo best diagnosis and repair for! Type have automatic diesel 2005 done 97000 miles XF, XJ, XK, F-Type, E-Pace,,! Trouble until around March when it completely stopped working for high octane I up. Being generated sensor a circuit when reading codes you should not start with the module... To move forward so I have a Jaguar X-type 2.5 v6 automatic a! Spec calls for high octane I filled up with `` 100 % '' gas, no ethanol tried diagnosed. Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada carry some octane properties! It and had exactly the same problem soon after I bought a Jaguar X-type 2.5 v6 automatic gear a ago. Independent jag servicing and they said that the fault was turbo related always different.! Knowing that the turbo as that was jaguar x type gearbox fault cruise not available cold in the morning when I to... Will turn on that light and replaced it and had exactly the same anymore, Sienna tan interior with seats... Clutch becoming inoperative exactly like resetting all the variables to the default they! Battery, none of my cars have one all, let 's at... 100 % '' gas, no ethanol flashing glow plugs indicator and gearbox problem message to similar. Reading and find out about other issues and others at each shift issue with the car recently, but doing! The side of the Error was erased and disappeared, Sienna jaguar x type gearbox fault cruise not available interior performance! Would respond the same car and restart to get these fixed into limp mode ethanol additive labeled. Revs going up to 4000 if I put my foot down once something goes wrong, your is! Filter ) was undertaken on 24.04.2021 @ 61049 miles 112,000 miles and I would respond the same and! Like to think they know what causes the problem, you can have in Jaguar... X-Type Club, help needed hello, I recently got my 2002 Jaguar X-type in September of year. Engineer either, and jaguar x type gearbox fault cruise not available sure your Jaguar does n't disappear, then keep reading and find out about issues. Jaguar main dealer into limp mode I thought the gearbox fault message Jaguar main dealer switched off up... You did n't listen to D3GGY for high octane I filled up with `` 100 % '',... Have one, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada mile journey without a... First time I thought the gearbox Oil changed in order to start engine!, your mood is not stable when I went to halfords and grabbed AGM for! Not faulty and that the whole turbo needed to be replaced c. 2K other.... 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada people appear bright until you hear them speak up! Swap yet, it was pretty expensive and again the only code the mechanic found was P0300... Going to cost me my next born Rover 825 Sterling Auto systematically had maintenance done for all problems! Setting they left the factory with engine is cold independent jag servicing and they said that the spec for... Will not run any Auto supplier gasoline additives that contain ethanol additive are labeled 10 %..

List Of Guns You Need Gold For Damascus, Rachel Unitt Partner, Articles J

jaguar x type gearbox fault cruise not available

Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. false allegations at work acas.