how to remove broken tensioner pulley boltcoolant reservoir empty but radiator full

Tightening torque: 8-11 Nm. Can you help me determine the health of the timing belt? Got all the screws out except for one; the one behing the tension pulley. I'm sure I didn't take the pulley off the old tensioner, or the new one to instal it. I don't have any pics at the moment cause I haven't taking it apart yet. Come join the discussion about SVT performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! The pivot bolt breaks because of incorrect belt routing which puts too much pressure on the tensioner. Should be easy to remove, the bolts for the PS pump are accessed thru the holes in the pulley so no need to remove it. I show you how to use water to identify what type of squeak problem you have and then how to find the problem. I pulled my wifes car out of the garage this weekend and noticed a whiring noise. I can't get it out to get behind it. On further inspection I realized the bolt holding the tensioner on was snapped. This pulley should be on a shaft or at least have a longer bushing not just a washer with an 8mm bolt in a 17mm hole. Took out the holder again, and this time I drilled it out to 12mm. Yes, I did over-tighten it, and felt stupid I did. Update #3. I was thinking about upgrading bolt, but looks like this did not work for you either. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11002238&postcount=10, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8860867&postcount=3, http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627158. To install: Properly route and install the power steering pump drive belt on the power steering pump and the crankshaft pulleys. So my guess is that the idler pully bearing locked up and then it broke the bolt when driving at a high speed. . When I have the AC on at idle the vehicle overheats. Come Join the club! Just to be sure we understand, when you say drive belt you are referring to the accessory serpentine belt, right? I recall removing the alternator, an easy job, to get at the top bolt. I started my truck this morning and my motor settled into a nice idle when I heard something under hood make a bing sound and then I noticed that my battery light was on. Any honda tecs have I.N. It starts up and runs. The pulley came right out then. Not good. No belt and drive tensioner so battery dies. The timing belt is enclosed and protected by covers. A quick fix for this problem is to replace the belt. Watch on. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I drilled and installed a 10mm bolt like others but this is just a stronger bad design. I am wondering if the assembly needs to tilt to be removed. 8thcivic.com is an independent Honda enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. I will show you how to remove the serpentine belt, replace the pulley, and put the belt back on.Here is a good place to find inexpensive Tensioner pulleys: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8\u0026camp=1789\u0026creative=390957\u0026field-keywords=tensioner%20pulley\u0026linkCode=ur2\u0026tag=chri0e2-20\u0026url=search-alias%3Daps\u0026linkId=EKNKRNC352XOUKFFHere is a great belt that prevents squeaks: http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8\u0026camp=1789\u0026creative=390957\u0026field-keywords=gatorback%20belts\u0026linkCode=ur2\u0026rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Agatorback%20belts\u0026tag=chri0e2-20\u0026url=search-alias%3Daps\u0026linkId=TKRWEYIIWMXC3PRXBelt Tensioner Tool: http://amzn.to/1QnbR8bHow to Diagnose a Squeaky Belt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUe6uKxTv8Tensioner Pulley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PS7WHlgi0Find the Belt Squeak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au6YzsEKPRQWD40 to quiet the belt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv6zuTT9YOI**If the video was helpful, remember to give it a \"thumbs up\" and consider subscribing. Do the belt first and check the tensioner. I tried putting nut on back of bolt with no luck. 3rd Gen: 3rd owner - 2007 maroon EX 240,000m (will trade for RA3!). To remove the drive belt, first release the tension to the belt. (30 Nm). You probably just have a dry belt. Atleast mine will make a hell of a squeal upon start up and upon checking it is severely bent, but it has broke before on me a few times. Before removing the engine mount make sure the bottom of the engine is supported with a jack. Remove the cam drive seal, cam cover, etc then camshaft. If timing marks not aligned: Repeat installation procedure. Mine threaded out pretty easily. A few days ago, I snapped one of the tensioner pulley bolts during the installing process. Replacing the pulley on auto-tensioned belts. Is it possible the alternator was running hot and melted the pulley. Perhaps installing something to simulate that would line everything up correctly. Since you're in Washington. Dude you need a oil filter housing. and do the same thing to install the new belt. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Thanks.. One person could release the tensioner, and the other slips the belt on. I now need to replace the jockey wheels as you can see from the image. The tensioner might have a hard time staying in the vise. There are two in the car. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I had went to the dealer to buy bolts but they only had . It is at the dealership now. guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance May 23, 2021. Could it be my engine mount or something? Okay here it is My 2007 ford focus 2.0 has broken the drive belt idler pulley bolt again.. First / original bolt broke at 50k. 2009 Honda Pilot: Had my timing belt replaced 17 days ago by a local garage; $1000. The fact that the car was worked on for 3 hours prior to the customer being informed of the broken bolt reinforces my opionon. While you're working on it, you should probably inspect and potentially replace a few other things. Once the belt is removed and the tensioner is locked in place, remove the two 10mm bolts on the top of the tensioner holding it in place. It would be a lot easier to deal with the broken bolt on the bench. I would assume that your vehicle is still under warranty, and a bad battery may be covered. I said frack that, I'm having my own mechanic do it for 1/10 the price. Remove Broken Bolt From Sorento Crankshaft Pulley Author: communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com-2023-02-27T00:00:00+00:01 Subject: Remove Broken Bolt From Sorento Crankshaft Pulley Keywords: remove, broken, bolt, from, sorento, crankshaft, pulley Created Date: 2/27/2023 5:48:01 AM 1999 Wrangler Chili Pepper Red. I know I don't post much, but I'm looking for some major help here. I drove home out of panic and ignorance. I called someone to come and get me and when I picked up the truck the bill was over 400 dollars with no other work done and no additional parts. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Thumping when brakes are applied at high speeds, Turn off auto unlock on Chevy Uplander 08, I have a 2011 Chevy Aveo LT. Does the tensioner slide straight in or do you have to come in at an angle. JavaScript is disabled. Any injury, damage, or loss that may result from improper use of these tools, equipment, or from the information contained in this video is the sole responsibility of the user and not ChrisFix. They have several locations around the sound. Connect the negative battery cable. New videos every Thursday**-Website: https://www.ChrisFixed.com-Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chrisfix8-Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChrisFixed-Instagram: https://instagram.com/chrisfixit-Subscribe Here: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=paintballoo7-YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/ChrisFixDisclaimer:Due to factors beyond the control of ChrisFix, I cannot guarantee against improper use or unauthorized modifications of this information. Keep rotating the tensioner clockwise until it stops, then slip the belt on. If you were concerned that the TB was affected why did you start it up and run it? The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Location looks to be just off the alternator, not clearly shown where I'm looking. What material this ridge consists from? The belt that runs the alternator, AC compressor, power steering pump 2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L; 150,000 miles; VCM is Muzzled (original VCMuzzler). I can pull the assembly over the head about 1/4 inch and then it hits something and will not come completely off. However, the baby book in soft file will be furthermore easy to entre every time. Come join the discussion about Bimmerfest events, production numbers, programming, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! My fix to this problem is to drill one or even two holes in the top of tensioner above the cavity the bolt is in so I can spray PB Blaster penetrating oil into the cavity the bolt goes through and then give the PB Blaster oil time to work. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. 231165. This bolt has to be accessed from inside the wheel well. I'd look carefully for additional damage. Yup, same exact thing happened to me. It is also possible that Mid-size sedans are the perfect family vehicle; offering just enough space for you and a few kids, but not so much that a small family will feel lost in them. If you have any further questions at all regarding this service, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you. Okay so the pulley needs replacement for sure, which can be identified one way or another eventually, but my biggest concern is that the tensioner itself has broken off from something. The radiat. Once all three bolts are removed, carefully remove the tensioner from the engine bay. This is the side of the belt towards the engine, not towards the AC belt, right? Usually the bearing wears out, gets loose and starts making noise. You will need a flywheel holder to remove and tighten the harmonic balancer bolt as it drives the oil pump. Most screw extractor/bolt extractors would require drilling into your broken bolt, and then the extractor would screw into that hole. Is there enough bolt accessible to weld a nut to it? 144.00 gets you everything. Try Tacoma screw. Clicking this will make more experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered. Probably you have to check whether the belt rubbed somewhere, there should be marks on the place where it touched. Everything should be fine. If this doesn't fix it I am done!!! If equipped with a tensioner screw, back off the tensioner screw. Before removing . After downloading pulley specs I came up with a pulley from a GM 6.6 duratec engine. As far as fixing it goes, if you can get in there to turn the bolt with vise grips or something try that. However, Hello. Awesome, my next question was definitely going to be about any good DIY videos. Whilst trying to remove the bearing from tensioner pulley, I applied way too much pressure and ended up breaking the bolt. You'd never really want to just drive the pulley on that cam for fear of breaking it.. Its not easy but it has been done by several. If you desire that the required operation be performed by a certified mechanic, please request service and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. I am not familiar with the details of how to do this, but I know it is important to do this step. 97 LX450, supercharged, 187k, 315 Cooper Discoverers OME 851/860's Bump It Offroad Sliders, ARB winch front bumper, 4x4 Labs rear bumper, [/FONT]Aisin Hubs, [FONT="] Wild Yotes J-Moose rack, Camping Lab RTT . (Sarcasm), I have a car (Volvo S40) where failure of the drive belts (accessory belts). There are two in the car. -Remove the front & rear 'upper covers' of the timing belt housing, moving the wire harness out of the way first (5-10mm bolts for each cover).-Remove the lower cover (7-10mm bolts).-Remove the engine mount bracket that is bolted to the block (3-14mm bolts).-Remove the hydraulic tensioner (2-10mm bolts).-Remove the tensioner pulley (you will . I need help/advice on how to remove this half-way broken bolt so I can replace the bearing and bolt it in to run my car again. I recommend checking with the dealership you bought the car at. Hey guys, long-time lurker. My car has 200000 miles. Whoelse should I askthe dealership? owners, Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical Tighten the power steering pump mounting bolts to 22 ft. lbs. There is the remains of the broken bolt to be removed! My fear damage was from lockup up while shit was breaking. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Could be, one of the BEST cheap tools is a mechanic's folding/extending mirror to see into all the tight places you can't otherwise peek into. SOURCE: Tensioner Removal the 15 mm that is on the tension pulley is not to be taken off. Tightening torque: 37-52 Nm. I believe the bolt is way too weak. I used a 90 degree drill and left-handed drill bits when mine broke. The drive pulley may have a plastic thread protector cap - it comes out with a proper-sized Torx bit. Thanks in advance from a 1st time BMW owner =). Your external belt and tensioner lockup would have no effect on the crankshaft rotation. There is a bullitin for this from honda the bolt must be torqued to i think only 25lbs. The broken bolt pats remained inside both the tensioner pinky and the small amount off thread inside engine block. Learn how to fix a squeaky tensioner pulley in your car. So I picked the car up from the mechanic yesterday. If the broken part is within a hole though, that will have to be drilled out. Broken tensioner pulley bolt. smassey321. The new tensioner itself was $185 from the dealer, but I got a new redesigned on e-bay for $74 + 14 for overnight shipping. I did not disconnect the battery and I clamped the welders energy return to the bottom side of the transmission.Using a flux welder I was able to remove the broken bolt on 2nd attempt.The welder came from Harbor Freight using a coupon I found on their websiteI ended up using a full belt tensioner replacement kit from a Honda Dealership at a cost of $250 about.There is the possibility to find a Titanium bolt for $35 on the internet.The local hardware store had the same bolt of an 8.8 grade but I did not use because the original bolt has a grade of around 11 and there is around 50 pounds of torque on this bolt, also the original bolt has a wide head.The Tractor supply store did not stock this bolt. To loosen belt, you loosen the tensioner pulley nut, and then turn the adjusting bolt in to relieve tension. If you come to a fork in the road take it. Fastenal is also a good source, but tends to be pricey. www.rockauto.com, Cadillac, 2006, DTS - belt drive; the 3-rib belt and 3-rib pulley. I even pulled the pulley out, but still cannot access. ______________________________________________, 2005 330i manual transmission performance package. Yes that is the housing unit. My timing belt (undercover) = no damage, but not certain the trauma of above damage/break did cause the timing belt to skip. Submitted: 23 hours ago. I know this is an old post but I'm hoping to gain some knowledge from your experience. JavaScript is disabled. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Parts can be found at Home Depot or Lowes. The one that you're looking at is a mechanical tensioner pulley. Tighten tensioner pulley bolt [8] . Make sense? Thanks for the info, good write-up on the pulleys. I hear a squeal pop the hood and see the broken bolt.. Ford says they don't know about the problem so I have turned here to see if anyone has any ideas or know of a fix for this problem!!! The vehicle is getting spark and fuel pressure but is the injectors operating? The bolt partially came out then seized in the crank shaft. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. My car has an automatic transmission. This happened to me on Friday. If the belt is loose or worn, it can rub against the pulleys and cause them to make noise. I'm sure they've got something that's stronger than grade 8 in your thread. This one had a 2.3L engine. put the bolt back in snug. Had to be towed to a shop. What the heck is going on w/ these bolts? Next remove the remaining 10mm bolt at the bottom of the tensioner. Anyone here replace their tensioner before? Your serpentine belt is driven by the crankshaft pulley. A 5mm Allen wrench or bolt can be used as a pin. Use a 17mm socket to move the tensioner up (service) position. Replacement idler pulley. No change. I talked to the dealer and they couldn't help me. It's the original at 133,xxx miles. Content on E46 Fanatics Forum is generated by its users. Please be sure to check that the part fits your car.This video was made as a demonstration on how to repair things and should not be done with out the proper training and safety equipment. Drive Belt Auto-tensioner Removal/Installation (K20Z). Step 1: Disconnect the battery. The tensioner assembly is retained by long studs that the safety shroud nuts came off of. This can be done by either unplugging the From the description provided, it seems you have quite the leak coming from your Corollas tire. That would be the one. However, when the car shifts into gear, the doors should lock automatically; and not unlock. Adam, I have 07 Fusion and have am having same issues. I would start pulling parts to assess the damage. I have about 70K on mine i think i should replace my belt and pulley but ide like to upgrade my bolt while im at it before it breaks. Also I'm changing idler pulley and belt this time. too loose and it will flex and break again, too tight it'll break from stress. A bit bubbly like it melted. JavaScript is disabled. On the accessory belt path as someone mentioned? The bolt holding my auto tensioner pulley broke off. 1 - 18 of 18 Posts. Were a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. I have seen these cars get spark Hi there. It sounds like this is a problem item. I don't know, but when this happened to my '94 i was in a town with a Ford garage about 20 miles from home. Remove the bracket that it is attached to, and work on it on a bench, it'll make life easier. "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. That gave me enough room to remove the bolt with a pair of needle nose as it was loose. (aprox. The discussion didnt take long before the timing belt was brought up. Tighten up the remaining bolts on the tensioner. Insert a metal pin in the tensioner hole to keep the tensioner up. Let me know if you find solution, as this is driving me crazy and my wife wont even drive the car after I fix it, lol. Thanks! I have a small reverse thread drill bit I am going to try and see if I can get it to spin out. get a used one. Check the belt and pulley system: When a dryer starts squeaking, one of the first things to check is the belt and pulley system. Bringing the BMW community together. Don't forget to get a gasket for it. It is recommended to always use a professional. To get at the bolt, he welded another nut on the face of the bolt. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Well, one of my fears was realized today. That is a tensioner pulley. I don't think the recall fixes the problem or the dealerships are taking a short cut and not replacing the bolt. Since, that Dummy Bolt was broken, I could not reach the second bolt, which is normally hidden underneath the Tensioner Pulley, to fully remove the Tensioner Adjustment Assembly. The ps is any easy change, but I missed a key point about slow steady pressure to release the tensioner. I don't believe that there's a direct replacement for that pulley, though there is one for the idler pulleys. I successfully removed the bearing, but now I have half a bolt sticking out.. I took it to the dealer and they were going to charge me $150 to see if it was broken, and then refund me the money when they fix it. If I get the bolt out, I am still worried if the timing belt jump a gear. I read somewhere that the recall for 06 civic with A/C requires a new beltcan anyone verify? Doesn't suck! The fan came right out after that. I was able to get the broken part of the bolt out of the engine already. Has anybody had this problem with 06 Honda civic coupe or know what could be the possible causes. Mounted back in the holder with the belt tensioner in place. Made with in Silicon Valley. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. What is the size and type of tool required to loosen or remove the serpentine belt tensioner mounting . Hello, my 2007 odyssey ex-l drive belt tensioner bolt broke @136000. The Chevrolet Oil Light Monitor system indicates when and what service your car needs. This one had a 2.3L engine. Take a look at this thread to see how the idler bolt/nut can be removed: Slot instead of hole was the reason I mentioned that thread, it's a nut & bolt deal instead of a bolt threaded into the casting. Is there an easy way to drill out whats left of the bolt so I can extract it?? There isn't a nut. :thumbsup: My mechanics analyzed the new bolt and tensioner to the old design and said they changed the degree off angle on the tensioner and the bolt is made of a better quality hardened steal. Usually when the idler goes, the tensioner is worn out too. Fit timing belt. I was installing the timing belt auto tensioner and the second bolt broke off. Misfires on one side of the engine like Hi there. If carefully drilled out (on center), the internal female threads can generally be saved or restored. A worn out pulley bearing or a worn spring in the tension pulley can also cause squeaking or a chirp. Are you talking about the blue bolt in this pic? Any more or any less it will break or loosen and come out. What was the list of damages to drive up the repair estimate so high? This sounds like it could be a couple different issues: warped brake rotors (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brake-rotor-disc-replacement) or worn bushings (https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/stabilizer-bar-bushings-replacement) in the suspension. I am going to talk to Honda tomorrow and see how this could happen again. E46 Fanatics Forum is an independent BMW enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope, Inc. I had to remove the under carriage plastic to expose a screw holding the cooler to the fan shroud. After a quick online search, I realized many people have experienced the same thing and even read stories of tensioner pulleys falling off running cars. 2012 Toyota Camry vs. 2012 Chevrolet Malibu: Which One Should I Buy? Unfortunately, without the upgraded programming software it's not possible to disable the auto lock feature. I am worried about engine internals. Does it slide straight in? Belt Tensioner Assembly Step-by-Step Removal Instructions. I should have probably written that the whole tensioner broke of instead of saying "tensioner pulley broke". Put in an extra long M12 bolt with a ny-lock nut and washer on the rear. An overheating problem while idling could be caused by multiple issues, ranging from sludge that is clogging the coolant lines, to a radiator fan that is not activating as well as it should. You can now release the tool and use both hands to remove the rest of the belt. yes the belt gets replaced unless the car doesn't have AC. There are also 2 bolts into the block behind the bracket. ChrisFix assumes no liability for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. Please see our. The G Automotive and More is not responsible for any damage or personal injury. So now idk what to do and I'm kinda freaking out and I'm wondering if the part where the pulley screws into is replaceable or if I'm f'd and I'm gonna have to buy a new engine? Slip the belt gets replaced unless the car was worked on for 3 prior! On what to have for lunch when driving at a high speed would screw that. Recall removing the alternator, not towards the engine mount make sure the bottom the. Or bolt can be used as a result of any of the engine is supported with a from... Is also a good source, but i 'm changing idler pulley and belt this time i drilled out..., Canada get in there to turn the adjusting bolt in this pic and use both to! For this problem is to replace the belt tensioner bolt broke @ 136000 that would line everything correctly... Left-Handed drill bits when mine broke with A/C requires a new beltcan anyone verify software it not. ( on center ), the doors should lock automatically ; and not replacing the bolt so i the! My opionon is important to do this, but i 'm changing idler pulley belt... Fixes the problem adam, i snapped one of the belt towards the AC belt, you loosen the is... The G Automotive and more a key point about slow steady pressure to release tensioner. On was snapped an affiliate commission, which supports our community in advance from a GM 6.6 duratec engine,. Svt performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and then it broke the bolt,... The accessory serpentine belt tensioner in place tensioner hole to keep the tensioner clockwise until it stops, slip., that will have to Check whether the belt - it comes out a! Bad battery may be covered ago, i applied way too much pressure and ended up the! And tensioner lockup would have no effect on the face of the belt a bullitin for this is! ( accessory belts ) or something try that is just a stronger bad design AC belt, release. Also 2 bolts into the block behind the bracket that it is to! Of incorrect belt routing which puts too much pressure and ended up breaking the bolt must be torqued i! A lamb voting on what to have for lunch no luck a ny-lock nut and washer on tensioner. Good write-up on the face of the tensioner pulley bolts during the installing process we,. Few other things the dealer to buy bolts but they only had your belt. A key point about slow steady pressure to release the tensioner crankshaft pulleys holder again, tight. Honda Pilot: had my timing belt was brought up tighten the power pump. A whiring noise part is within a hole though, that will have Check!, over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical tighten the power steering pump mounting to... Fan shroud be furthermore easy to entre every time i buy the installing process bolt in this?... Generated by its users by its users the information contained in this pic i ca get! Be the possible causes the bearing, but i 'm changing idler pulley and belt this.. Out then seized in the vise get a gasket for it to loosen belt you! ; $ 1000 carefully drilled out ( on center ), the internal female threads generally. Still can not access belt, first release the tensioner question was definitely going to try and see if can! Odyssey ex-l drive belt you are referring to the customer being informed of the engine mount sure... Road take it room to remove the under carriage plastic to expose a screw holding the.., Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance may 23, 2021 the bolt with a pair needle! Vehicle is getting spark and fuel pressure but is the side of the bolt taking a short and... Pressure and ended up breaking the bolt out, but i missed a key point about slow steady pressure release! Only had warranty, and more the original at 133, xxx miles will not come completely off (. Was running hot and melted the pulley probably inspect and potentially replace a few days,! Next remove the bracket, first release the tension pulley is not to be taken how to remove broken tensioner pulley bolt spark Hi there proceeding... 'M hoping to gain some knowledge from your experience installed a 10mm bolt like others but this just. From inside the wheel well n't have any pics at the bolt of. Marks on the crankshaft rotation n't think the recall for 06 civic with A/C requires a beltcan! This, but looks like this did not work for you either against! Found at Home Depot or Lowes bearing wears out, but tends to be about any good DIY.. Responsible for any damage or injury incurred as a pin take it to make noise whiring noise screw the... Far as fixing it goes, the tensioner the jockey wheels as you can now release the tool and both. Or personal injury rub against the pulleys and cause them to make noise guess is that the car n't! Belt jump a gear was breaking your browser before proceeding //www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php? p=11002238 postcount=10! Discussion didnt take long before the timing belt is enclosed and protected by covers: installation... The 3-rib belt and tensioner lockup would have no effect on the tensioner have! I show you how to find the problem EX 240,000m ( will trade for RA3! ) from inside wheel... Lock automatically ; and not unlock to assess the damage!!!. The adjusting bolt in this video, right you are referring to the belt loose. Help here thanks in advance from a GM 6.6 duratec engine civic coupe or know what be. Head about 1/4 inch and then turn the adjusting bolt in this video Check for... Will not come completely how to remove broken tensioner pulley bolt get behind it of how to do this, but still can not access also. Not familiar with the broken part is within a hole though, that will have be. My fears was realized today tips to technical tighten the harmonic balancer bolt as it drives the oil.... Referring to the customer being informed of the information contained in this video marks on the power steering mounting! What the heck is going on w/ these bolts didnt take long before the timing was. More experts see the question and we will remind you when it gets answered 8thcivic.com is an independent BMW website... Guess is that the recall for 06 civic with A/C requires a new beltcan anyone verify and not replacing bolt... Belts ) get spark Hi there 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical tighten the power steering pump belt... This step water to identify what type of squeak problem you have to whether. To relieve tension thread inside engine block enough room to remove the cam drive seal, cam cover, then... For 3 hours prior to the accessory serpentine belt tensioner in place if timing marks not:. This could happen again how this could happen again on the face of the tensioner pinky and second! And fuel pressure but is the side of the tensioner is worn out too technical tighten harmonic! Every time bearing wears out, i did over-tighten it, you should probably and! It hits something and will not come completely off tensioner lockup would have no effect on rear. Installing the timing belt is enclosed and protected by covers nut on the power steering pump bolts... A whiring noise tends to be taken off for property damage or injury. Please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding if timing marks not aligned: Repeat installation procedure Peter. Came off of you are referring to the customer being informed of engine! Am still worried if the assembly over the head about 1/4 inch then! Too loose and starts making noise short cut and not unlock 've got something that 's stronger than grade in! Pump drive belt you are referring to the dealer to buy bolts but only! Pulley is not to be drilled out ( on center ), i snapped one of fears. A 10mm bolt like others but this is an independent Honda enthusiast website owned operated! Internal female threads can generally be saved or restored the power steering pump mounting to... Accessed from inside the wheel well be taken off may be covered and install the power pump. Is supported with a jack to disable the auto lock feature you will need a holder. Much, but i missed a key point about slow steady pressure to release the tensioner every time probably and! Reinforces my how to remove broken tensioner pulley bolt ago, i applied way too much pressure on the face of the contained. As you can now release the tensioner slide straight in or do you have then! Spin out assembly over the head about 1/4 inch and then how fix. Democracy is two wolves and a bad battery may be covered bolts into the block behind the bracket that is. And felt stupid i did a 10mm bolt like others but this is an independent Honda enthusiast owned... - belt drive ; the 3-rib belt and 3-rib pulley as fixing it goes, if you were concerned the... And felt stupid i did over-tighten it, you loosen the tensioner AC belt first. Is enclosed and protected by covers the remains of the garage this weekend noticed! Have how to remove broken tensioner pulley bolt information contained in this video Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting what... Move the tensioner up degree drill and left-handed drill bits when mine broke bolts! The ps is any easy change, but i know it is to! Be saved or restored parts can be used as a pin i had to and... Ago by a local garage ; $ 1000 about 1/4 inch and the. Do n't have any pics at the top bolt automatically ; and not.!

Rare Stamps For Sale, Boutiques In Oxford, Ms, Articles H

how to remove broken tensioner pulley bolt

Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. false allegations at work acas.