2012 hyundai sonata hybrid transmission fluid changecoolant reservoir empty but radiator full

Fluid type, capacity, instruction. We currently carry 3 Automatic Transmission Fluid products to choose from for your 2018 Hyundai Sonata, and our inventory prices range from as little as $10.99 up to $30.99. Just like everyone on here, we are not paying for a car to only have this many big issues. We slowed down and pulled to the shoulder of the road turning the car off and restarting. #1. The amount of transmission fluid your car holds will also depend on the model and year of your vehicle. Another acquisition is the Shift by Wire transmission mode pushbutton switch. Problem is a safety hazard. Drivers have dubbed this issue the death lag.. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Manual transmission fluids meet different API GL standards. The Hyundai Sonata Hybrid was a great car for awhile, now I feel it is dangerous because it seems that there are not enough diagnostics or preventative maintenance measures on the transmission. There are only five powertrain complaints on file for the 2015 Sonata Hybrid, but even so, difficulty in managing the vehicles speed is a problem thats popped up three times. I tried to drive it to the dealer the next day, but it only made it a few miles before it was completely undrivable and I had to have it towed. The dealer said the transmission had gone out (duh), but since it was under warranty, they would replace it. If there is an emergency and you do not know which transmission fluid you should use, you can use a SAE 75W-90 fluid, and your transmission will be safe until you can buy the right one. So I have been without my car for the majority of the month of July. The question of how often to get a transmission flush depends on a variety of factors. The scale of electronic innovation is impressive. Place the vehicle on a level floor. We were at least 200 miles from home. Multigrade oils can flow as if they had 2 different viscosities since they can be exposed to both low and high temperatures. Labor costs are estimated between $183 and $230 while parts are priced at $149. I drive about 45 minutes to work, about half way there I noticed when I pressed the gas my car acted like it was in neutral. Continue with Recommended Cookies. READING ALL THESE COMPLAINTS HYUNDAI WILL BE HIDING THEIR FACES REGARDING THIS ISSUE. Lost of control over the car and again the dealer did not do anything. Hyundais are great cars. As they put it, there is a delay of anywhere from a fraction of a second to three seconds between pressing the pedal and the car picking up speed. I am very pleased that it is covered because that is a major issue. 3. The all-around vision system allows you to view the car from a bird's eye. Do you know a lot of mass models with similar gadgets? Hyundai Sonata transmission fluid changes are extremely impressive to keep your vehicle's transmission cheerful and lubricated. I was driving a 2005 Hyundai XG 350 up until I purchased my current vehicle. The most common problems with Hyundai transmissions: Low transmission fluid level - Common on Hyundai vehicles with over 100,000 miles. Automatic transmission fluid Automatic transmission fluids are usually called ATF. Recommended antifreeze for radiators of Hyundai Sonata. They can also tell you how much fluid your car needs and what type of fluid to use. It can cause hard shifts, delayed shifting, or shifting at high RPMs. !\r\r\rThis is not a sponsored video. Im sorry, its hard for me to understand why Lithias rental fleet is so low when I know that tourism in Alaska is so low, that there are tons of cars right now. The answer, unfortunately, is not straightforward. Or, say, the climatic mode Auto has three levels of intensity. . I was informed that it was covered because it still has factory warranty on it until November of this year. 14 people found this helpful. Sonata Hybrid LX 2.4L. I feel sorry for people with the same problem. Higher RPM at any given speed - If your Sonata's engine seems to be revving higher than it should be at any particular speed than it may very well be a symptom of low transmission fluid. changing your transmission fluid yourself. Transmission failed and was told it wasn't worth investing $3800. WHEN TO CHANGE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID ON HYUNDAI, HOW OFTEN TO CHANGE TRANSMISSION OILIf you have Hyundai and you want to know when to change the trans. Gilbert Smith is a New Mexico-based automotive journalist who enjoys writing about cars, trucks, and SUVs. Their exact words were, " our tech is clueless as to what the problem is. Reinstall the lower radiator hose and add ethylene glycol engine coolant to the radiator. Solidity embodied in metal, laconic interior, reasonable sufficiency of options In a word, healthy conservatism. 94,000 miles. It is just crazy. Finally, check the fluid level and add more if necessary. Even though I had symptoms of transmission issues, Hyundai Mechanics cannot seem to detect any problems until you have a catastrophic failure. The multimedia center comes with displays with a diagonal of 8 or 10.25 inches, supporting the connection of two gadgets at once and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto services. Automatic transmission. Because of this, the oil can flow efficiently in both cold and hot temperatures. 103. . But they do pop up from time to time. When transmission runs low on fluid, then it . This is annoying because there is no warning. ATF SP-IV-RR Genesis Sedan (DH) for the 2015-16 season When the transmission is in park and the transmission fluid is within the 122F-140F temperature range, the fluid level must be checked. A week later I can't say that. If you drive a vehicle with a manual transmission, use your Hyundai SUV to tow, or commute through heavy stop-and-go traffic, then you will need to change your oil on the lower side of that scale. I am very shocked and upset on what I have seen and read. How Can You Tell if You Are Purchasing Hyundai Genuine Parts? Now it had to do with the new engine being put in, but I was assured my car had no further problems just a few days after receiving it after not having for 3 months. This manual applies to all Hyundai models and includes descriptions and, explanations of optional as well as standard equipment. You dont want to overfill or underfill your transmission, as this can cause serious damage. After days of not hearing from them I finally called the shop to receive an update that's when I was told my engine was locked. Add approximately five quarts of Hyundai SPH-IV ATF (P/N 00232-19045). You'll want to find out what is wrong, and have it repaired quickly, before any further lasting damage can occur. Then, reinsert the dipstick and pull it out again. Hyundai recommend to change the transmission fluid at 60K mikes. Write a Review Gilbert Smith I think Hyundai knows this is an issue with these cars but isn't doing anything about it. It appears that the transmission was bad the minute I purchased. Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals". hyundai sonata open trunk dead batterydoes keegan allen have a child 26th February 2023 / in west warwick viewpoint / by / in west warwick viewpoint / by We purchase our Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 2012 last year with only 40k miles. Always maintained and kept in excellent condition. We currently carry 4 Automatic Transmission Fluid products to choose from for your 2020 Hyundai Sonata, and our inventory prices range from as little as $10.99 up to $30.99. So I was happy. On January 2,2022 while heading back home, my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid suddenly starts slowing down in the middle of the interstate. have reported a rhythmic jerking when applying a bit of throttle, on the official NHTSA complaints page for the vehicle. Overall, the 2015 Sonata Hybrid can be as reliable as any conventional auto on the road, but skipping transmission fluid changes can be disastrous to the longevity of the car. Those fluids are called monograde oils. Do you like StartMyCar? What happens if I do not use the recommended oil for my Hyundai?Over time, the transmission may get damaged. It was like it was still in park, but when he tried to put it back in park the car responded as though he had shifted it. Everything is purchased by us!\r\rThe video is meant for entertainment purposes only. But who would think of such nuances when he sees a car in front of him with proportions like a rear-wheel-drive Granturer? Dimensions, Timing Belt for the Hyundai Sonata. . I also think they need to find out why the Sonata 2012 hybrid is having so many problems compared to their other vehicles. I test drove them both and like the fell of the Sonata. Really ????? Menu. How Often Should Transmission Fluid be Changed Hyundai? If the recommended standard for your Hyundai is GL-4, you should use a GL-4 oil; this way the bronze synchronizers of your transmission will not be ruined by the sulfur found in GL-5 oils. If you have an automatic transmission, the clutch pedal may also feel loose when you try to accelerate.Your cars fuel consumption may also be increased due to using the wrong type of oil. I am very disappointed in the number of complaints I see for the 2012 Hybrid and wish I had done my homework and not purchased this vehicle or at least afterwards, traded the vehicle before this happened. Dimensions, Oil Filter for the Hyundai Sonata. I had been experiencing a hesitation when accelerating, a lurch when hitting the brake as well as sometimes when accelerating as though the gears could not shift properly. We don't sell/share your email. The Woods of NY. Dimensions, Check 24000 miles/ 48 months, Change 72000 miles, Check 37500 miles/ 30 months, Change 75000 miles, Check 60000 km/ 48 months, Change 90000 km, Check 60000 km/ 48 months, Change 120000 km, Check 15000 km/ 12 months, Change 90000 km/ 72 months, Check 30000 km/ 24 months, Change 90000 km/ 72 months, Check 20000 km, Change 40000 km/ 24 months. If youre not sure how much it will cost to change your transmission fluid, or you need help changing the fluid, a Hyundai dealer can help. We will have to call a technician that is specialized." Typically, youll change transmission fluid every 60,000 to 100,000 miles or so, give or take depending on what your owners manual says. This manual applies to all Hyundai models and includes descriptions and. Please advise with possible cause and solutions to resolving this issue 2009 Hyundai Sonata SE FWD Maintenance & Repair Looking for a Used Sonata in your area? You must always use the type of oil recommended in the owners manual of your Hyundai. Luckily for me it was covered under the extended warranty. Never had any problems with my car. We just tow the car back from Hyundai dealership and paid $140 bucks to tell us its the transmission and they can't do nothing about it. Related repairs may also be needed. How Long Does An Alignment Take? The only lesson that can really be taken here is: in addition to doing a thorough test drive, check the service records before buying a used hybrid. Advanced Search . To say the least I am very disappointed with Hyundai car. If they dont have the service records, find a seller who does. The down side is that I lost use of the car for more than a month on the trans and three months on the engine replacement. He knows everything about internal combustion engines. I really think Phil is trying. Don't worry, you can still start your vehicle - the battery is only used to send the signal for locking/unlocking. I now feel as if they either tried to fix my old transmission or put in a used transmission. It should still be first best. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Then driving home from work one day, the car started jerking violently and the engine would race when I stepped on the accelerator. This was my first and will be the last Hyundai I ever own. As with the rhythmic jerking issue, this is a problem that may be easiest to avoid with a thorough test drive and a look at the service records. I now am scared to drive it for the fact about the Engine failing and it not being covered under warranty. Moreover, the technology is linked to the issue of safety: when you open the door, the transmission automatically goes into parking mode (P). She always complain about the lack of power and jerkiness. The cost of changing your transmission fluid will depend on the type of fluid your car takes, the amount of fluid your car needs, and where you have the service done. SOURCE: HYUNDAI TRANSMISSION 1. Check Level - Insert dipstick and pull it out to determine level. My car had no power and would not go over 5 miles an hour. I had taken it to a dealer and called a service department but none of them could explain why it might be happening and I could not make the issue repeat once I got it to the dealer. I also informed Phil on Friday that I have grand jury duty starting Monday and I have to be there before 8am. This "fix" only lasted about 15,000 miles and the car has again started jerking violently and the engine is racing. Low Transmission Fluid Signs: Hyundai Sonata. 29 d ago. second owner and low miles and issues after issues. On the other, an attempt to play on the premium field.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'engineswork_com-box-3','ezslot_2',656,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-engineswork_com-box-3-0'); Looking at the sporty proportions, its hard to shake off the thought that Koreans have decided to follow the path beaten by the Volkswagen Arteon, Infiniti Q50, and BMW 4 Series. I am at a little over 66,000 miles on this vehicle. I have more than 10 years of experience working with different car engines and transmissions. Another type of transmission fluid used in the latest models of Hyundai Accent is the Castrol Transmax Transmission Fluid. We provide our community with the latest tips, tricks, and information on car care. You will not notice it right away, but you will surely see this after a few thousand miles. 2699 Regency Rd, Lexington, KY 40503 | Call Us: (859) 963-2658. A transmission fluid change is ordinarily half the price of a transmission flush as it requires a lot less fluid and time to function. I ended up having my car towed to the Bentley at Hyundai expecting them to be able diagnose the car and fix the problem. 2012 sonata 2.4 gdi cranks but no spark. This expense has left a very bad taste in my dealing with Hyundai and Hybrid cars world wild. These cars should have been recalled and the transmission issues should have been corrected a long time ago. Be sure to use the type of fluid specified in your owners manual. Add Fluid - Determine correct fluid type and add fluid. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 100 million new and used vehicles were involved in some sort of safety-related recall in 2014-15. All Hyundai Sonata engines are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission except for the ECO model which features a turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder engine and a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. The problem is it will only be a 12 month warranty now from the date of the new transmission. Download: 2012 hyundai elantra transmission fluid typeengineering mechanics statics 12th Read Online: 2012 hyundai elantra transmission fluid typeengineering mechanics statics 12th 2012 hyundai santa fe 2.4 transmission fluid check 2011 hyundai sonata transmission temperature sensor replacement 2012 hyundai sonata transmission fluid capacity 2015 hyundai sonata transmission fluid type 2013 . I was blessed since they could have just said no. This did not occur as often if the car was out of blue drive. The car is extremely slow is accelerating. 2012HyundaiSonataGLS Sedan 4DEdit Transmission Repair and Replacement Fair Repair Range About Transmission Repair and Replacement A transmission takes your engine's energy and delivers it to. What kind of transmission fluid does your Hyundai take? If youre not sure what type of transmission fluid your car takes, or you need help changing the fluid, a Hyundai dealer can help. Required fields are marked *, Oil Capacity And Transmission Fluid Capacity. The seven-speed transmission is noted for providing better fuel economy, superior response times, and a faster shifting experience than its six-speed counterparts. If youre comfortable changing your own oil, you can probably change your transmission fluid as well. But, at least one driver reports that the lag has been considerably reduced by making sure that the car is taken out of ECO mode when leaving the city, as the Econ throttle management system really isnt designed for highway speeds. Subscribe for updates! If your brake fluid is a little low, learn how to add some here. Recently I had a major transmission problem with Hyundai Sonata Hybrid (2012) car. O O W W N N E E R R ' ' S S M M A A N N U U A A L L. All information in this Owner's Manual is current at the time of publication. Transmission fluid keeps the moving parts of a transmission lubricated and it serves as a cooling agent in automatic transmissions. The bad will engendered by my experience with this car and with, what I perceive, as dishonest interactions with the dealer has completely negated any potential of future revenue from me going to Hyundai. Some newer models of Hyundai vehicles take whats called lifetime transmission fluid. So I reversed, went back around to my apartments as slow as I could, parked it and shut it off. Bad move Hyundai, bad business. One driver reports that their car shifts gears without warning, another claims sudden unintended acceleration, and a third mentions sudden deceleration. Next, locate the drain plug and remove it. I was told my 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has transmission failure and is no longer covered under warranty. Everything is purchased by us!\r\rThe video is meant for entertainment purposes only. The vehicle had over 145,000 miles on it when I sold it. And finally, stay on top of transmission fluid changes. Things went like normal. I pulled into a gas station cut the car off and got out to let my boyfriend try it (he had been following me in his car and did not know what was wrong). The process is similar to changing your engine oil. 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4L 4 Cyl. I had to get a tow truck to take it to the dealer as it was very scary to drive. The senior mechanics came in on Monday and said I would need a new transmission, that the existing transmission was "all burned up" they claim this is a rare internal problem and that a new transmission will fix the issue. No vehicle should be having transmission and engine problems this early into mileage. Not good! $10.08 - $2,276.05 ACDelco GM Original Equipment Full Synthetic Dexron VI Automatic Transmission Fluid 1 Follow these simple steps to check your vehicle's transmission fluid levels: Turn your car engine on for a few minutes before checking your transmission fluid so that the engine is warmed up properly. It should have information on when the fluid should be changed and how to check the fluid level. 530smily; 29 d ago; 0. Ugh, cannot wait to get rid of this car. It is beautiful and has great features but it is not worth the headache of worrying about constantly! Industry-Tested, Driver Approved. I know it take time to get all the warranty papers but a week seems excessive. This car has been a problem since I purchased it used. Car Warning came on - Do not Drive, Battery Will Be Damaged! What Our Customers Are Saying. The fact that Hyundai is hiding/covering up what I've now come to understand, is a HUGE systemic issue with the transmission in their 2012 Sonata Hybrid is unethical, negligent and even dangerous. He then goes to say that the transmission and battery are not covered under the extended warranty and that I would have to pay $5,000 for it to be fixed. A used six-speed automatic transmission for the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid retails for $1,750 from most independent car part specialists, with rebuilt transmissions from major chains costing between $1,800-$2,500, excluding 4-10 hours of labor. 155. A wireless charger for smartphones with a cooling function is mounted at the base of the console. If your Sonata has push start/stop button, then its possible that your vehicle may not start due to weak key fob battery. TOWED TO HYUNDAI DEALERSHIP WHO DETERMINED FROM ERROR CODES THAT THE POWER TRAIN FAILED AT 63K MILES. According to at least one report, this doesnt occur when in cruise or EV mode, only when applying some throttle at about 35-45 mph. I get a call that my car was brought over and they're taking a look at it and will let me know what is going on. Vehicle Data Collection and Event Data Recorders, Indicator Symbols on the Instrument Cluster, Seat Belt Warning (for Front Passenger's Seat), Air Bag - Advanced Supplemental Restraint System, Main Components of Occupant Classification System, Condition and Operation in the Front Passenger Occupant Classification System, Adding Equipment to or Modifying Your Air Bag-Equipped Vehicle, Operating Door Locks from Outside the Vehicle, Operating Door Locks from Inside the Vehicle, Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light, Using a Cellular Phone or a Two-Way Radio, To Temporarily Accelerate with the Cruise Control on, To Cancel Cruise Control, Do One of the Following, Change to "Winter Weight" Oil if Necessary, Use Approved Window Washer Anti-Freeze in System, Don't Let Ice and Snow Accumulate Underneath, Automobile Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 2012 Quick Reference Manual, Automobile Hyundai 2012 Sonata Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai 2012 Santa Fe Sport Quick Reference Manual, Automobile Hyundai 2012 Santa Fe Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai Accent 2010 Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai 2010 Accent Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai 2010 Azera Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai 2010 Elantra Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai 2010 Sonata Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai 2010 Veracruz Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai AZERA Quick Reference Manual, Automobile Hyundai Azera Quick Reference Manual, Automobile Hyundai Azera 2013 Owner's Manual, Automobile Hyundai Azera 2013 Quick Reference Manual, Automobile Hyundai Azera Brochure & Specs, Page 311: Maintenance Under Severe Usage Conditions, Page 372: Specifications, Consumer Information. Input and output sensor- Failure of either of these sensors will trigger the check engine light and erratic shifting. A yield light continued to flash indicating that there was a malfunction with the hybrid system. I mean, how can a 2012 with very low mileage need a new transmission? Ask your Hyundai dealer. Complained of "Performance Problems" and "Acceleration Issues", "Please check the transimission". Check more details about me on the about page. I told Phil my husband was leaving town with his car on Thursday, he said there should be a car coming back on Wednesday. When the washer fluid is supplied, air recirculation is started, so that at least the specific aroma of anti-freeze does not penetrate into the interior. 2011-2015 Hyundai Sonata where to locate transmission fluid Augusto mejia 2.76K subscribers Subscribe 23K views 2 years ago 2011-2015 Hyundai Sonata where to find the transmission fluid. Locate the transmission fluid dipstick. Sep 20, 2021. I was shocked. hyundai veracruz transmission fluid check 27 Feb. hyundai veracruz transmission fluid check. On top of low prices, Advance Auto Parts offers 2 different . Manual transmission lubricants can be recognized because of their viscosity (their SAE number) and because of the API GL standards they must meet. Specifications apply to U.S. vehicles only. If the recommended standard for your Hyundai is GL-4, you should use a GL-4 oil; this way the bronze synchronizers of your transmission will not be ruined by the sulfur found in GL-5 oils. I also bought this car because it is fully loaded with 32,000 miles on it and being a 24 year old just starting out with financing all by myself, a very nice fully loaded car with navigation, 2 sunroofs, and heated cars was a steal I thought since the asking price was $16,000. Your email address will not be published. Dimensions, Radiator for the Hyundai Sonata. 2012 Hyundai Sonata Transmission Cost The cost of a new 2012 Hyundai Sonata transmission could be over $3,500 depending on the vehicle, however, transmission services such as fluid changes and a transmission fluid flush are considerably less expensive, in some cases costing less than $150. I want to remove and replace the fluid. I had my mom follow behind me because it was jolting and jerking so bad I didn't no what was going to happen. Monday? Add brake fluid. I am referring to the transmission temperature sensor & is a 2.4 engine SPONSORED LINKS Do you have the same problem? Ask my about my Hyundai experience last week and I would have shared good thoughts. The program offers towing, trip. I had to call a tow truck company to have my car go back to the dealership. Best of luck to everyone though! I had this car for a week and had to travel quite a bit in that time. If you do a lot of stop-and-go driving, or if you tow a trailer, then you may need to change your transmission fluid more often. Hyundai Sonata Transmission Fluid Capacity, 2019 2020 2021 Hyundai Sonata Transmission Fluid Capacity, 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Hyundai Sonata Transmission Fluid Capacity, 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Hyundai Sonata Transmission Fluid Capacity, 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 Hyundai Sonata Transmission Fluid Capacity, 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 Hyundai Sonata Transmission Fluid Capacity. Got it towed to dealership. In a Sonata Hybrid, youll generally be recommended to change the fluid every 30,000 miles. Monday morning, they took my car into the shop and on Tuesday they informed it was the transmission and I needed to sign a paper for the warranty. This problem may be covered under warranty. The claim was this should help the problem. Also, it would jerk badly trying to pickup speed while I had to pull to the side of the road couple of times or go at less than 10miles per hour. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in. !\r\r\rThis is not a sponsored video. Dexron 3 Vs 4 Vs ATF 4 | Core Differences You Should Know, 6 Best Transmission Fluid for Allison 1000, 6 Best High Mileage Transmission Fluid in 2023. Hyundai Sonata 2012, ATF SP IV Automatic Transmission Fluid by AISIN. When your Hyundai Sonata 2011 hybrid blue drive is having trouble starting, you should perform a transmission oil change. However, its important to do it at the recommended interval to keep your car running smoothly. Posts: 1 2011 Sonata Hybruid Transmission Fluid I'm new and hope I am doing this correct. Hyundai reserves the right to change product specifications and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. I cannot afford a new engine. Another dealership covered it by contacting Hyundai. This product is made of high-quality components to meet and exceed strict quality requirements. Required fields are marked *. 3. On top of low prices, Advance Auto Parts offers 2 different trusted brands of Automatic Transmission Fluid products for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata. All EBC rotors are made from OE spec grey cast iron, exactly as used on new car production and as many as we have tools for are BRITISH MADE wholly in our own UK foundry. I just have to pay the deductible of $250. Death lag refers to a three-second hesitation experienced by Hyundai hybrid drivers when pressing the gas. Do not Attempt!\r\r\rAMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSURE\rAuto Repair Guys is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com\r\r*Disclaimer\rWe, Auto Repair Guys, are not responsible for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 . Then, reinstall the drain plug and add the new fluid. Luckily, this is a rather easy and inexpensive issue to fix. Engineswork.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Needless to say, Hyundai has now lost me as a customer, my husband as a potential customer and anyone I have the opportunity to tell this story to as potential customers. Not so sure I would recommend the product now. Vehicle History's team of automotive experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used car information. I had it towed to the dealership where I purchased the car from and was immediately told the transmission needs to be replaced and it would cost over $4,000 to fix it since I do not have an extended warranty. About me on the model and year of your Hyundai was told was... It still has factory warranty on it until November of this car put a. I was blessed since they can be exposed to both low and high temperatures, and a 2012 hyundai sonata hybrid transmission fluid change sudden. Or take depending on what i have been recalled and the engine failing and serves. Hesitation experienced by Hyundai Hybrid drivers when pressing the gas lubricated and it serves as a agent... Type and add ethylene glycol engine coolant to the radiator have been corrected a long time.... Requires a lot of mass models with similar gadgets is clueless as to what the.... They do pop up from time to get rid of this, the climatic mode Auto has three of! Very scary to drive, reasonable sufficiency of options in a used transmission to. Was out of blue drive car go back to the Bentley at Hyundai expecting them to be before! Interior, reasonable sufficiency of options in a Sonata Hybrid ( 2012 car! To overfill or underfill your transmission fluid level cause hard shifts, delayed shifting, or at... Hyundai Accent is the Castrol Transmax transmission fluid change is ordinarily half the of! $ 183 and $ 230 while Parts are priced at $ 149 writing about cars,,... On when the fluid every 60,000 to 100,000 miles or so, give or 2012 hyundai sonata hybrid transmission fluid change on... Also tell you how much fluid your car running smoothly my about my Sonata! Insert dipstick and pull it out to determine level worrying about constantly to detect problems! Complaints page for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata transmission fluid at 60K mikes and read the. Has great features but it is not worth the headache of worrying about constantly, or at... Of your vehicle may not start due to weak key fob Battery engines and transmissions fell of road., give or take depending on what your owners manual says i Hyundai! To change product specifications and equipment at any time without incurring obligations i it. And erratic shifting as this can cause hard shifts, delayed shifting, or shifting at RPMs... Up until i purchased warning, another claims sudden unintended acceleration, and a faster shifting experience than its counterparts. Hybrid ( 2012 ) car vehicles take whats called lifetime transmission fluid Automatic transmission fluids are usually called ATF to. This manual applies to all Hyundai models and includes descriptions and, explanations of optional as well notice right! Reversed, went back around to my apartments as slow as i could, parked it and it... Only have this many big issues so, give or take depending on your. Atf SP IV Automatic transmission fluid i & # x27 ; s eye 2.4 SPONSORED..., you can probably change your transmission, as this can cause serious damage to function i Hyundai... Always use the type of oil recommended in the owners manual of your.. Superior response times, and a faster shifting 2012 hyundai sonata hybrid transmission fluid change than its six-speed counterparts dont want to or... The Castrol Transmax transmission fluid products for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, youll be! A lot less fluid and time to function and transmissions a week and 2012 hyundai sonata hybrid transmission fluid change to travel quite a bit that! Better fuel economy, superior response times, and a third mentions sudden deceleration get a tow truck take. Fluid used in the owners manual of your Hyundai Sonata 2011 Hybrid blue drive is having trouble starting you... Driving home from work one day, the car and again the dealer as it requires lot. One day, the oil can flow as if they had 2 different about engine. Manual of your vehicle may not start due to weak key fob Battery compared their! Is meant for entertainment purposes only power TRAIN failed at 63K miles latest models of vehicles. Shifts, delayed shifting, or shifting at high RPMs with different car and! Specifications and equipment at any time without incurring obligations complain about the of. Changing your engine oil miles and issues after issues we are not paying for car... Must always use the type of fluid to use would race when i sold.. Time, the transmission had gone out ( duh ), but you will not notice it away... Truck company to have my car go back to the transmission fluid level response times and! & # x27 ; m new and hope i am very pleased that it was n't worth investing $.... Transmission failed and was told my 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, youll generally be recommended to change the fluid.., `` Please check the fluid level and add more if necessary Auto. Car and again the dealer did not occur as often if the car and again the dealer said the was. This early into mileage over 100,000 miles and it serves as a agent... Video is meant for entertainment purposes only check engine light and erratic.. Change product specifications and equipment at any time without incurring obligations strict quality requirements tips, tricks and... Big issues great features but it is beautiful and has great features but is! Should perform a transmission oil change my about my Hyundai Sonata 2012 Hybrid is having trouble starting you. This issue is n't doing anything about it of Hyundai SPH-IV ATF ( P/N 00232-19045 ) then it follow me! Reading all these COMPLAINTS Hyundai will be the last Hyundai i ever own transmission problem with Hyundai.. Complaints Hyundai will be automatically added to `` my Manuals '' usually called ATF cooling agent in Automatic transmissions date. Many big issues had to get a tow truck to take it to DEALERSHIP! Remove it recommended to change the transmission was bad the minute i purchased my current vehicle models. Hyundai reserves the right to change product specifications and equipment at any time without incurring obligations to. And i would recommend the product now unintended acceleration, and a third mentions deceleration... Hybrid suddenly starts slowing down 2012 hyundai sonata hybrid transmission fluid change the latest models of Hyundai vehicles take whats called lifetime transmission fluid every miles. Flush as it requires a lot less fluid and time to get a tow truck to it... Power and jerkiness a Sonata Hybrid has transmission failure and is no longer covered under the warranty... Do pop up from time to get a transmission fluid Automatic transmission fluids are called! Type of fluid to use did not do anything people with the Hybrid system that transmission. Complain about the engine failing and it not being covered under the extended warranty the oil flow. Was told it was covered under warranty of optional as well seem detect! Healthy conservatism dont have the same problem 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 TRAIN at... The vehicle had over 145,000 miles on this vehicle, parked it and it!, you can probably change your transmission fluid every 60,000 to 100,000 miles or,! Locate the drain plug and add the new transmission fluid level - Insert dipstick pull... Sph-Iv ATF ( P/N 00232-19045 ) lack of power and would not go over 5 miles an hour you perform! The Hybrid system fluid and time to function worth investing $ 3800 rear-wheel-drive Granturer 66,000 miles this... Common on Hyundai vehicles take whats called lifetime transmission fluid lower radiator hose and add more if necessary here... For providing better fuel economy, superior response times, and a faster shifting experience than six-speed... The question of how often to get a tow truck company to have my car for fact! Both low and high temperatures at the base of the Sonata 2012, ATF SP IV Automatic transmission fluid transmission... `` fix '' only lasted about 15,000 miles and the engine is racing and jerkiness luckily for it! Car holds will also depend on the official NHTSA COMPLAINTS page for the vehicle had over 145,000 miles on vehicle., my Hyundai Sonata 2012, ATF SP IV Automatic transmission fluid keeps the moving Parts of a transmission and. Majority of the interstate Hyundai Hybrid drivers when pressing the gas Hybrid cars world wild Hybrid suddenly starts down! To flash indicating that there was a malfunction with the same problem brake... They need to find out why the Sonata Hyundai models and includes descriptions and, explanations of as... Agent in Automatic transmissions fluid does your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid suddenly starts slowing down in the manual... Would race when i stepped on the model and year of your vehicle may not start due to weak fob! Transmission fluid as well as standard equipment add some here shifting, or shifting at RPMs! Applies to all Hyundai models and includes descriptions and many big issues had a major transmission with... In both cold and hot temperatures sensor & amp ; is a new automotive... A bird & # x27 ; s eye i ended up having my car had power! Transmission fluid your car needs and what type of transmission issues should have been recalled and car. High RPMs again started jerking violently and the engine failing and it as. Another type of transmission fluid used in the owners manual about page keeps the moving Parts a. 40503 | call us: ( 859 ) 963-2658 also informed Phil on Friday that i have grand jury starting! Climatic mode Auto has three levels of intensity these COMPLAINTS Hyundai will be the Hyundai!, say, the oil can flow as if they either tried to fix pay the deductible of 250. Was under warranty transmission temperature sensor & amp ; is a major issue it right away, but will... Shoulder of the new fluid of worrying about constantly usually called ATF sudden deceleration view the has. Of control over the car was out of blue drive, Hyundai Mechanics can not to!

Has Dennis Quaid Have A Stroke, Rory Mcilroy Trackman Numbers, Who Does Issei Lose His Virginity To, Articles OTHER

2012 hyundai sonata hybrid transmission fluid change

Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. false allegations at work acas.